Draft Meeting Minutes: February 28, 2020
City and County of San Francisco
Christopher Jerdonek, Chair
Roan Kattouw, Vice Chair
Open Source Voting System Technical Advisory Committee (OSVTAC)
of the San Francisco Elections Commission
Friday, February 28, 2020
Martin Paley Conference Room (3rd Floor)
The San Francisco Public Library
100 Larkin Street (at Grove Street)
San Francisco, California
Order of Business
1. Call to Order & Roll Call
Chair Jerdonek called the meeting to order at 2:27 p.m. Present: Members Hage, Jerdonek, Kattouw. (Member attendance at this special working meeting had previously been announced as optional.)
2. General Public Comment
3. Voting System Component Development
During this item the committee members worked on the committee’s open source election results reporter (ORR) and improving the output for the ORR demo pages. The demo pages can be viewed here: https://osvtac.github.io/osv-results-demo/
Member Hage worked on things like–
- getting breakdowns of the voter registration totals by Election Day and vote-by-mail,
- processing additional ballot statistics like ballots rejected, and
- exposing links to the statewide totals for statewide contests.
Member Kattouw worked on some UI improvements like–
- fixing a bug in the detection of the “Yes” option,
- making the colors of the green and red check marks match,
- improving the appearance of the language selector,
- improving the “back to summary page” link, and
- improving the display of write-in candidates.
Member Kattouw also worked on getting ORR to successfully build the March 2020 data (i.e. the zero report data), as well as getting the party data loaded and displayed.
Chair Jerdonek worked on multi-language support for phrases within the template, including adding support for phrases that involve variables like “N of M Precincts Reporting” (aka “format strings”).
Public comment: None.
Adjourned at 4:46 p.m.